christian writer

About

My photo
Ladysmith, Vancouver Island , BC , Canada
Hello, and Welcome. Please stay and browse awhile.

Friday, April 7, 2017

The Art of Writing

There's are many writers who could do a little media attention to spotlight their writing. That's why I decided to feature different writers here, along with prayers, poems and thoughts. Often, writing can be a lonely road. There's good and bad about that!  I am blessed to belong to a writer's group that gets together once a month. We discuss all kinds of different genres because we are all so varied with our topics of interest.

Before moving, I belonged to a writers group with a difference. It was also a prayer group. I was a newbie at writing back then, and the encouragement from the group inspired and motivated me to continue, even though at the time, I wasn't sure I could write at all.

I've always seen writing as a ministry. Birthed, I believe, from a desire to serve God. After a critical look at my talents (which, I'm afraid I felt were rather sparse,) I settled on writing because that is something I like to do. God frequently uses interests that we are passionate about and when we give them to Him, He is glorified through them.

Now I write for magazines, devotionals and Children. My first book will be published in a few months. The publisher is just finishing up the layout design. The next book written for children is also ready to send out.

I had to go through many transitions in writing before arriving here. (deciding where I wanted my writing to focus, dealing with pride, and also fears of failure - a whole mix of feelings, really). Writing is a journey and I haven't arrived yet. I'd love to hear your thoughts. What inspired you to begin writing? Do you have a writer's group? And more importantly, what is God teaching you though the art of writing?

Father, be with those who write for you.
Be their inspiration,
Their direction,
Their voice.
As each one seeks to Glorify your name through the printed page,
Bless and encourage them, Lord.
And as words from the heart, unfold to the page,
May they see your reflection in their words.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment